How To Take The Perfect Photo!

Hello!  I am Josiah, and today I will be talking about how to take the perfect picture.  I hope you enjoy, and I hope it helps you get great photos, made by you!  This is a story about a guy (Made up) named Bob, and he goes on a long hike up a mountain, and wonders how he should take his picture.  Have fun!

On the fifth day of our friend Bob’s six day hike to one of the tallest mountains, he finally get to the summit one day early!  The view is breathtaking and he could stare at it for hours!

After he is done looking at it, he says “I want to remember this forever!” so he pulls out his camera from his backpack to take a picture.  But when he starts to take his picture, he thinks “This alignment is horrible!  Is this camera broken?”, but then he soon realizes that he is just not good at taking pictures.  He tries to figure out a few ways to make this picture wonderful!

1. “Maybe I could try a selfie!”
  2. “I could take the picture and edit it on my computer when I get home.”
  3. “I should probably fix the alignment, it looks like the world just turned crooked!”
  4. “I could use my zoom-in on my camera to take pictures of specific spots.”
  5. “I should take multiple photos and see which one is best out of them.”
  6. I should try to keep the camera as still as possible.”

Those were some great ideas, weren’t they?  Now whenever Bob gets home and he looks at the picture, it looks just like how it did when he was at the summit!  Now he can remember it forever!  Thank you for reading, now you should try a few of these techniques!  GoodBye, and have fun taking all of your pictures!

15 thoughts on “How To Take The Perfect Photo!

1. Hi Josiah,

What a talented blogger you are! I love the way you incorporated tips into an interesting story. Nice work adding a Creative Commons image too.

Do you like taking photos? What sort of things do you like taking photos of?

Personally, I take a LOT of photos of my children. I find it helps to delete the ones I don’t like as soon as possible so I don’t end up with too many photos on my camera roll.

I’ll add this post to our week 4 STUBC post so others can take a look.

Best wishes,
    Kathleen Morris

1. Dear Kathleen,

Thank you so much for commenting! When I found out that this post would be on the Student Blogging Challenge featured ones each week, you could not believe how happy I was!

I like taking pictures, but I don’t really like BEING in pictures. Plus, I only really have an IPod I can use to take pictures, so I don’t take many pictures. I like looking at pictures more than taking, but I like to take photos of my cats when they get in “awkward situations”, like stuck up a tree. Or sometimes there is a weird sky and I take a picture of it, so mostly just interesting things.

I find it cool that you like pictures, and you found one of my tips for taking a picture useful.

Thank you so much for commenting and putting this on next weeks challenge, I appreciate it so much!

Sincerely, Josiah

1. Hi Josiah,

Thank you for your excellent reply.

That’s understandable about not enjoying being in photos. Not everyone does.

I’m looking forward to seeing your future posts. I can tell you’re a very hard working blogger!

Best wishes,
        Kathleen

2. Josiah, I love this! You are a creative storyteller, and you have every reason to “really like this post!” Thank you for sending me a message to read it! Do you mind if I add it to our team’s social media pages?

1. Dear Mrs.V,

Thank you for complimenting me! It is always a good thing, and yes, it is perfectly fine if you add it to the teams social media page. Once again, thank you so much!

Sincerely, Josiah

3. @ Josiah,

Thank you for a fabulous post about taking photos. I think adding an image to a blog post really helps draw readers in.

My third graders are in the challenge with you, and I will be sharing your post with them. Since the focus of the week was fun with photos, we challenged ourselves to create an original post with an original photo. I used many of the tips that you explained. However, I did not mention fixing the alignment. Thank you, I’ll add that to my tips!

We have lots of photos in our student blogs. Here is a link to our class blog, and the student blogs are in the sidebar.

Mrs. Yollis’ Classroom Blog

Happy blogging!
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    Los Angeles, California

1. Dear Mrs.Yollis,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog post! I am glad that one of my tips helped you out, and sorry for taking a little while to respond, I didn’t have time to get to all the comments.
      I am glad that you think it was a good idea to add a picture to my post, I think it was, too! I am also glad that your class is participating in the Student Blogging Challenge. I think it is a great way to advance in your skills for blogging.
      Thank you for commenting, and good luck on the blogging challenge!

Sincerely,
      Josiah

4. Dear Josiah,

You are one of the most talented and smart kids I have ever met in this school, I am proud of how smart you are and I hope you grow up to be a famous and successful person in this huge society.

Sincerely, Anthony

1. Dear anthonyrs,
      Thank you so much for the compliments, it really adds my confidence up, and you are also quite the talented person, too. Look at your drawings you make! And I hope you become famous for whatever you do one day, too.

Sincerely,
      Josiah

1. Dear Josiah,

Thank you for replying to my comment and thank you to for the compliments, have a nice day.

Sincerely, Anthony

5. Hi Josiah,

As someone who can relate to Bob about not being great at taking photos, this was very helpful.

I also thought the concept of writing a story that includes tips was very inspiring.

Do you enjoy taking photos?

Ally.

1. Dear Ally,

I’m glad you found this helpful! I don’t take too many photos, but if I see something that is cool or funny or anything interesting, I might take a picture of it.

Josiah